About Me

I'm a twenty-something who is pretty much average everything. I am a college graduate. I am interested in a lot of things (music, business, crafts, diy, fashion, food, etc.). I like having adventures. I am a Christian, LDS to be exact. I play the fiddle. My family is awesome (and crazy). I am married to the most perfect husband in the world. My husband looks like Prince Harry. My feet hurt all the time. My eyes turn green when I cry. blah blah blah that's about it.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Elder Holland.. Holy Moly

ELDER HOLLAND              
“Lord, I Believe” April 2013
This talk was directed to the young church members. He talked about being forgiving of ourselves for not knowing everything and to lean on our faith to continue to grow in knowledge.
“Honestly acknowledge your questions and your concerns, but first and forever fan the flame of your faith, because all things are possible to them that believe.”
Elder Holland, “Lord, I believe” April 2013 General Conference
“In moments of fear or doubt or troubling times, hold the ground you have already won, even if that ground is limited.”
Elder Holland, “Lord, I believe” April 2013 General Conference
“Be as candid about your questions as you need to be; life is full of them on one subject or another. But if you and your family want to be healed, don’t let those questions stand in the way of faith working its miracle.”
Elder Holland, “Lord, I believe” April 2013 General Conference
“So be kind regarding human frailty—your own as well as that of those who serve with you in a Church led by volunteer, mortal men and women. Except in the case of His only perfect Begotten Son, imperfect people are all God has ever had to work with. That must be terribly frustrating to Him, but He deals with it. So should we.”
Elder Holland, “Lord, I believe” April 2013 General Conference
I feel like it is so important to remember that we and others are human and we make mistakes and we have doubts and that it is ok. We just need to remember the faith that we have, remember the confirmations that we have had and lean on those to bring us to a greater knowledge of the gospel. We need to try to believe and act upon that desire.

“Safety For the Soul” October 2009
This talk is in my opinion the most compelling, strong, irrefutable testimony of the Book of Mormon that has ever been.
“I ask that my testimony of the Book of Mormon and all that it implies, given today under my own oath and office, be recorded by men on earth and angels in heaven. I hope I have a few years left in my “last days,” but whether I do or do not, I want it absolutely clear when I stand before the judgment bar of God that I declared to the world, in the most straightforward language I could summon, that the Book of Mormon is true, that it came forth the way Joseph said it came forth and was given to bring happiness and hope to the faithful in the travail of the latter days.”
Elder Holland, Safety for the Soul, October 2013 General Conference
“would these men blaspheme before God by continuing to fix their lives, their honor, and their own search for eternal salvation on a book (and by implication a church and a ministry) they had fictitiously created out of whole cloth?
Never mind that their wives are about to be widows and their children fatherless. Never mind that their little band of followers will yet be “houseless, friendless and homeless” and that their children will leave footprints of blood across frozen rivers and an untamed prairie floor. 9Never mind that legions will die and other legions live declaring in the four quarters of this earth that they know the Book of Mormon and the Church which espouses it to be true. Disregard all of that, and tell me whether in this hour of death these two men would enter the presence of their Eternal Judge quoting from and finding solace in a book which, if not the very word of God, would brand them as imposters and charlatans until the end of time? They would not do that! They were willing to die rather than deny the divine origin and the eternal truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.”
Elder Holland, Safety for the Soul, October 2013 General Conference
 “Brothers and sisters, God always provides safety for the soul, and with the Book of Mormon, He has again done that in our time.”
Elder Holland, Safety for the Soul, October 2013 General Conference

Elder Holland’s talent with teaching and speaking in general simply makes this talk legendary. There are really no words to describe how this talk makes me feel. I so strongly believe every word in this talk and can only hope that others will feel the same as they read these words.

FULL TEXT HEREhttp://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/10/safety-for-the-soul?lang=eng&query=

No comments:

Post a Comment