About Me

I'm a twenty-something who is pretty much average everything. I am a college graduate. I am interested in a lot of things (music, business, crafts, diy, fashion, food, etc.). I like having adventures. I am a Christian, LDS to be exact. I play the fiddle. My family is awesome (and crazy). I am married to the most perfect husband in the world. My husband looks like Prince Harry. My feet hurt all the time. My eyes turn green when I cry. blah blah blah that's about it.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Half-way Through our Internship

Alright so it's been about a month and half since we arrived here in Brussels! It has largely been the same ol' same ol' but we have had some adventures! I made soup for the first time! We made some friends at church and at work. We visited a Belgium bank museum, that was cool, we visited a Freemasons museum, that was cooler! So, funny story about that. There was a lot of artifacts in glass cases of course and one of them happened to be a small journal, written in that journal was a coded alphabet language that would seem quite perplexing... had I not learned and used that same coded alphabet as a middle school-er to send my friends notes during class. Small world eh? Besides that it was all quite interesting! We went to the museums with our friends from church (a young couple from Finland). The other friend we have made is Aytaj (it sounds like Itouch) she is the other intern at Nathan's work, She's been around the world but is originally from Azerbaijan.We decided that we are going to go to Germany at some point (Ute will be happy) and we just got back from our weekend trip to Amsterdam with Aytaj!

Amsterdam was definitely an interesting place! It is known as the Las Vegas of Europe, and OH MY is that a correct statement! There was 3 or 4 cannabis shops and sex shops on every street! But we did happen to find some cool places! We saw a couple of really amazing Roman Catholic Churches. In one of them we sat down and a cellist came in and started playing, the acoustics were phenomenal and it made it an awesome experience! The architecture and art was so amazing too, the stained glass, the roof structure, everything! We even saw a Buddhist Temple! There were lots of little street markets and shops and we ended up getting a few Christmas presents! ;) We stayed in a "hostel" about an hour out of the city... this place was interesting. So when we first got to Amsterdam we just walked around the city and saw stuff, when we were done, we got on a metro to get to our hostel. On the way the metro broke down (apparently it did that a lot) and we met these two teachers from Uruguay who just happened to be staying at the same hostel! So luckily they were able to guide us to the hostel. When we got there we found that it was really just a bunch of cabins on a big campground. So we found ours and settled in, then we went to find the showers, bathrooms, and kitchen. SO there was no toilet paper in the bathroom. Apparently it was available to buy in the lounge (which was closed of course) Luckily Aytaj was equipped with some tissues that served our purposes (thank heavens)! Then we discovered that it costs 1 euro to shower and you also had to pay for towels, sheets, pillowcases, and HEATING for the cabin. I mean it was a nice place but SERIOUSLY?! haha but anyway the kitchen was interesting, everyone was smoking weed... haha but we got to go to a diamond factory in Amsterdam! And they cleaned my ring for free! It sparkles so much now! Anyway I think that's about it for that trip


We are going to be going to Paris next I think, probably next weekend, I'm really excited! It is going to be awesome! Everything is awesome! :D

1 comment: