About Me

I'm a twenty-something who is pretty much average everything. I am a college graduate. I am interested in a lot of things (music, business, crafts, diy, fashion, food, etc.). I like having adventures. I am a Christian, LDS to be exact. I play the fiddle. My family is awesome (and crazy). I am married to the most perfect husband in the world. My husband looks like Prince Harry. My feet hurt all the time. My eyes turn green when I cry. blah blah blah that's about it.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Oh Blogging, and Christmas is Coming!!!

SO, I know... I know that I am pretty terrible at this blogging thing. I always remember things that I meant to write here then I just forget them again! So just so you all know there is stuff going on ;) 
We went to Germany! Pretty much the closest city to Brussels, Achen! It was just a day trip, we took the train for the first time (I have never really been on a passenger train!) and we saw the opening weekend of the Christmas Market there! It was SO packed, we could hardly walk through the streets! We didn't see quite as much as I had hoped but it was fun nonetheless. We went to the Lindt chocolate factory and that was amazing (no samples though :P ) We had some Dunner (I think) and it was amazing! No sausages though, next time. We saw a really cool church! The ceilings were tile mosaics and it was just so beautiful! We went with our couple friends from church, they are from Finland and speak like a million languages! So that was basically Germany!
We also went to the opening of the Brussels Christmas Market! We say the tree lighting and some sort of show... with weird music and blown up horses.... I don't know really. Haha but it was fun, we will probably go do more shopping because we didn't see most of the market, and we still have a ton of presents to get!
Thanksgiving!!! So we got invited to two different dinners (yes!) and they were amazing! Oh my goodness. The first was on Thanksgiving at the senior missionary's house with all the missionaries there is like 5 sets plus 2 senior couples. We made pasta for a side dish and I was proud of it. ;) and everything was amazing. Especially the company. Those guys really became our European family. 
Then the second dinner was on that Sunday. I will be honest we totally forgot about it until that morning and we were supposed to bring a dessert. Haha so that was interesting. We ended up bringing a couple boxes of amazing truffles. This dinner was with Regina and her family and friends (the African lady who picked us up that first Sunday). That was so much fun! It was like half French,half English so it was good. There was SO MUCH FOOD!!! And I have never had lasagna that good. Seriously! It was so good, just a loud, fun night filled with love ^-^ so happy.
So we realized the hunger games came out so we had to go see that! We went to a theater downtown on Saturday? So we were really excited about the movie and we didn't expect too much of the theater. So we get there, make sure we get tickets for the English one (it still had subtitles in French and Dutch). We find our theater and walk in and I was just awe struck I almost cried! Haha. This theater had to be an Opera House with a screen. The ceiling and walls were elaborately decorated, you could tell it was made well for acoustics. The seating was perfect so heads wouldn't block your view. The seats themselves.... Oh wow. They were all comfy and padded and wow I was so impressed. The screen was almost as big as an Imax screen! Oh gosh it was just so amazing!
So I wanted to tell everyone about the fashion here. Seriously every single person that I have seen dresses better that Americans. There are no slobs, no sweatpants, no flip flops, no tennis shoes (except for me). It's amazing. And I don't know if it is just me, but everyone is just so beautiful! I think they wear less makeup here. But I have noticed that everyone is just beautiful and glamorous! I love it! Everyone wears scarves, and not many people wear jeans, it's awesome.
Christmas is coming up!!! I am so stoked this year (like every year) I just love it, and I love my family, and I love the craziness, and the music (which I have been listening to since October). and just everything. I am so excited. 

On an end note:
MY LIFE IS FULL OF LOVE AND IT IS FANTASIC
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment